Navajo Nation Corporation Act: Forms & Downloads
Register your Business
Navajo Nation Corporation Act Title 5, Chapter 19 : All corporate businesses must register as a foreign or domestic corporation as a means to gain permission to conduct business on the Navajo Nation. This registration process permits the formation of various corporate entities comprised of individuals, officers, and/or investors.
If your business is already incorporated with the state, the Navajo Nation considers your company a “foreign corporation” and you must file the following:
- 2 applications for Certificate of Authority, both with original signatures
- 2 copies of your state-certified Articles of Incorporation, including any amendments
- Certified of Good Standing or Certified of Existance.
If your business is not yet incorporated, you will need to decide under what entity you will organize;
- Domestic For Profit Corporation
- Close Corporation [a company that has a manager(s)]
- Nonprofit Corporation
- Agricultural Cooperative
Once you are registered with the Navajo Nation, you will need to file an Annual Report; communicate any changes in registered agents or company addresses; and alert the nation of any major company restructuring or significant organizational change through an Amendment process.
Report company status change to the Navajo Nation
- Registered agents
- Company addresses
- Any major company restructuring or significant organizational change.
- All changes must have a corporate resolution attached.
See also the filing fee schedule below for each of these activities. All Fees to be paid in Money Orders or Cashier’s Check ONLY.